Nutrients per serving
- (when recipe serves 6)
- Protein: 17 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Calories: 378
- Fibre: 3 grams
Cobb Coleslaw Salad with Maple Dressing
Use up leftover chicken or turkey and lots of local ingredients for this great salad. Prepare it for a crowd or plate individually for a light meal. You can make it ahead but it’s best served the same day.
4 to 6
- 5 cups (1.25 L) shredded Ontario Savoy Cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Red Cabbage
- 1 medium Ontario Carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cooked Ontario Chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 2 hard-cooked Ontario Eggs, quartered
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Ontario Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped cooked bacon (about 4 slices)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
In large bowl, toss together savoy and red cabbage, carrot and 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the dressing.
Arrange cabbage mixture on individual plates or large platter. Top decoratively with chicken, cucumber, eggs, tomato and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Refrigerate or serve immediately drizzled with remaining dressing.